Acuno
Zog

Clan Chat
EliteZerks

Home World
W346

Clan Colors

Welcome to Elite Zerks

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Revamp™

[FREE] Setting up & Recording with OBS

After I saw a user asking which recording software is recommended, I figured I would toss up a little guide. Personally I recommend OBS. It's the software 99% of streamers use, as well as free to record infinite length clips (up to what your pc can store file size wise), no watermark, and high def.

First you want to download it from the link below.

https://obsproject.com/

Settings: 

General:

Spoiler

sZBRWHa.png

Output:

Spoiler

IyP4oJ0.png

aWaJF5v.png

4ONApXC.png

Audio:

Spoiler

YKm6XuO.png

Video:

Spoiler

XDVn9ut.png

Hotkeys: (these are what i use, feel free to set them to whatever you like. Some use "ins" & "del" keys)

Spoiler

caL3SxH.png

Advanced:

Spoiler

ecadF05.png

Adding a source to record from:

Spoiler

mr7GKgQ.png

NNMtfDL.png

IoKFEzk.png

TdKXEwT.png

You can also add a audio source to include for example desktop audio (rs sounds) or Discord audio etc. This is just to focus on runescape, you can also select Display capture to capture full screen.

It's also recommended once you add a source, to edit the "Top" value under transform to crop off your top window bar as follows.

biDF6ma.png

R5k4YKI.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Really nice guide!! 

can you make your streeams actually private, if u want to show some friends what u are currently doing orsomething?

I'm not sure about twitch, but I am pretty sure the youtube stream network can be set to private.

1 minute ago, Revamp™ said:

I'm not sure about twitch, but I am pretty sure the youtube stream network can be set to private.

sweet

gonna try this soon! 

Thanks bud! I'm not sure if it's just me, but pics look a bit blurry. When I get home I'll try to include all the important specs typed out in the spoiler. 

Also a note, under the bit rate I set it to 15,000. This will nearly double your file save but it gives room for error when editing. If I remember right YouTube declares anything over 8,000 bit rate as HD. 

Cool guide man but I think I'll stick to camtasia anyways.. I still have the old version of obs lmao is there any big difference between them?

14 minutes ago, Ebony Chins said:

Cool guide man but I think I'll stick to camtasia anyways.. I still have the old version of obs lmao is there any big difference between them?

Throw me that code for camtasia :D

2 hours ago, NoPrayZone said:

Throw me that code for camtasia :D

I have a trick where I just extend the 30 trial version lmao

• Upvote 1