Seany
Prod

Clan Chat
EliteZerks

Home World
W346

Clan Colors

Welcome to Elite Zerks

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Firebro

Potential change to the wilderness

While thinking of possible changes I came across an interesting idea.

What if we decreased the wilderness levels to 1-40. We could also adjust all current lvl 30 teles (royal seed pod, glory, etc) to remain functional at their current locations instead of being able to tele away at KBD gate.

Is wilderness lvl a problem in your eyes? I feel it help it be more inviting along with the lone wolf spell I mentioned in my last post.

Do you think this would actually have an adverse affect on rejuvenation?

For reference: Lone wolf

-can only be caster in single combat areas

-Caster is tele blocked for ~2min

-the next person to attack the caster is the only one that can do so for the duration of the tb

-would be on the ancients spell book

This might be the most idiotic suggestion about the wilderness I've ever heard in my life. Deep wilderness is dying, it's what people are trying to rejuvenate. Solo pking isn't impossible, and to be frank if you need these changes to solo pk you're a fucking shitter that shouldn't be pking.

41 minutes ago, Imposing said:

This might be the most idiotic suggestion about the wilderness I've ever heard in my life. Deep wilderness is dying, it's what people are trying to rejuvenate. Solo pking isn't impossible, and to be frank if you need these changes to solo pk you're a fucking shitter that shouldn't be pking.

still rob, but i agree

54 minutes ago, Imposing said:

What changes would you like to see happen? The first complaint generally hear I hear about the wilderness is that clans rule both singles and multi. You're right solo pking isn't impossible but its not as accessible as it should be in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Firebro said:

What changes would you like to see happen? The first complaint generally hear I hear about the wilderness is that clans rule both singles and multi. You're right solo pking isn't impossible but its not as accessible as it should be in my opinion. 

If you're not a braindead solo pking is literally fine. The change I'd like to see happen is people recognizing baits, learning how to tank tbs, and generally becoming better pkers. The problem isn't solo pking, the problem is the meta in team fighting isn't FIGHTING people. It's fighting for 1.5 brews then running. You fix that with Flasks, or summoning with a capped BoB of terrorbird or tort from pre-eoc. You're trying to get rid of the top of the food chain in the wilderness and it's just not what people's goal should be.

Max Teams > Mystic Teams > Real solo pkers > Mystic whales > Skillers/clue hunters/pvmers.

tl;dr clans make the wilderness thrive whether you like it or not and it's time to stop thinking they ruin it.

Edited by Imposing

2 minutes ago, Imposing said:

If you're not a braindead solo pking is literally fine. The change I'd like to see happen is people recognizing baits, learning how to tank tbs, and generally becoming better pkers. The problem isn't solo pking, the problem is the meta in team fighting isn't FIGHTING people. It's fighting for 1.5 brews then running. You fix that with Flasks, or summoning with a capped BoB of terrorbird or tort from pre-eoc. You're trying to get rid of the top of the food chain in the wilderness and it's just not what people's goal should be.

Max Teams > Mystic Teams > Real solo pkers > Mystic whales > Skillers/clue hunters/pvmers.

tl;dr clans make the wilderness thrive whether you like it or not and it's time to stop thinking they ruin it.

I don't think they ruin it but I am trying to look at the wilderness from an average player's perspective. Osrs is a lot different then it used to be and the majority of players take the game very seriously and generally know what their doing (not always when it comes to pking). I don't know if there's a good fix to chickening out as summoning and flasks would simply pro-long the inevitable "run for your life" escape. I do think bringing in more players into the wilderness deep wild or not would be beneficial. 

12 minutes ago, Firebro said:

I don't think they ruin it but I am trying to look at the wilderness from an average player's perspective. Osrs is a lot different then it used to be and the majority of players take the game very seriously and generally know what their doing (not always when it comes to pking). I don't know if there's a good fix to chickening out as summoning and flasks would simply pro-long the inevitable "run for your life" escape. I do think bringing in more players into the wilderness deep wild or not would be beneficial. 

Everything in this game involving single combat pking ends in a run for your life escape. It doesn't matter if you have a 2 minute pre-tb, it doesn't matter if you have 20 flasks, it doesn't matter what happens. The game has been like that since 2004 buddy. Wanna avoid teams? Learn timezones. Wanna not get tbed? Pk sub-30, or idk learn timezones? Wanna get kills without getting logged in on? Learn to spot a bait. Improve yourself as a pker and quit being an idiot before you start blaming the game for the problems you have. You think I want to fall in on some fucking retard in 500k loot and whip/barrage him for 2 minutes? I want to fight people, I want team vs team action to occur. Finding 1v1 fights in single in the right areas (where you can tank tbs solo easily) isn't hard. Bringing skillers/pvmers into the wilderness, and general changes to the wilderness will do nothing for the activity. That's the exact same mentality jagex has, and would you look at that it's not working. Changes to how items leave the game, changes to pre-tbing (Removing it), changes to dropping items in combat, addition of flasks (even only 5 doses), addition of summoning (not yaks/unicorns), and stuff that gives PKERS incentive to go into the wilderness will help the wilderness. Not this stupid hider bullshit and removing levels from the wilderness. I'm not replying to anymore of your autistic questions or theories on how to help wilderness activity. 

Edit: Btw a post like this shouldn't go on a clan forums where people have brain cells, go post it on something like reddit where it's a cesspool of autism, ironmen, and skillers.

Edited by Imposing

4 minutes ago, Imposing said:

Everything in this game involving single combat pking ends in a run for your life escape. It doesn't matter if you have a 2 minute pre-tb, it doesn't matter if you have 20 flasks, it doesn't matter what happens. The game has been like that since 2004 buddy. Wanna avoid teams? Learn timezones. Wanna not get tbed? Pk sub-30, or idk learn timezones? Wanna get kills without getting logged in on? Learn to spot a bait. Improve yourself as a pker and quit being an idiot before you start blaming the game for the problems you have. Changes to the wilderness will do nothing for the activity. Changes to how items leave the game, changes to pre-tbing (Removing it), changes to dropping items in combat, addition of flasks (even only 5 doses), addition of summoning (not yaks/unicorns), and stuff that gives PKERS incentive to go into the wilderness will help the wilderness. Not this stupid hider bullshit and removing levels from the wilderness. I'm not replying to anymore of your autistic questions or theories on how to help wilderness activity. 

Thanks for the feedback. I think everyone should strive to improve but I think you need to widen your perspective. In all competitive games there's an invisible/ visable matching system that tries to pair players to people similar in skill as them. This would be kinda impossible for the wilderness but it does tell us what keeps people playing. In wild people should fight whoever so the skill pairing goes out the window. So if you start playing league and play gold players with full masteries (or w/e it is now), you'd quite too. Its wishful thinking people would just suck it up and practice.

30 minutes ago, Imposing said:

Everything in this game involving single combat pking ends in a run for your life escape. It doesn't matter if you have a 2 minute pre-tb, it doesn't matter if you have 20 flasks, it doesn't matter what happens. The game has been like that since 2004 buddy. Wanna avoid teams? Learn timezones. Wanna not get tbed? Pk sub-30, or idk learn timezones? Wanna get kills without getting logged in on? Learn to spot a bait. Improve yourself as a pker and quit being an idiot before you start blaming the game for the problems you have. You think I want to fall in on some fucking retard in 500k loot and whip/barrage him for 2 minutes? I want to fight people, I want team vs team action to occur. Finding 1v1 fights in single in the right areas (where you can tank tbs solo easily) isn't hard. Bringing skillers/pvmers into the wilderness, and general changes to the wilderness will do nothing for the activity. That's the exact same mentality jagex has, and would you look at that it's not working. Changes to how items leave the game, changes to pre-tbing (Removing it), changes to dropping items in combat, addition of flasks (even only 5 doses), addition of summoning (not yaks/unicorns), and stuff that gives PKERS incentive to go into the wilderness will help the wilderness. Not this stupid hider bullshit and removing levels from the wilderness. I'm not replying to anymore of your autistic questions or theories on how to help wilderness activity. 

Edit: Btw a post like this shouldn't go on a clan forums where people have brain cells, go post it on something like reddit where it's a cesspool of autism, ironmen, and skillers.

Plus you feared Claire/uncafted who was a dude, so idk how credible you are LOL